Tessa Lee Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inPvInsider
I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but this website is no longer in use by Invasion. Please contact a faction officer for more information.

[Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zikai
Website Manager
Zikai

Female
Number of posts : 690
Class : Veno/Demon Cleric
Level : 80/92
Registration date : 2009-02-02

[Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance Empty
PostSubject: [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance   [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:50 pm

If you had noticed in the News today, they're having an emergency server maintenance. You might even had to update your client with a new patch available. If you want to read the news bulletin that they put up, click the link below.

PWI News on Maintenance

PWI Update wrote:
Update: We expect to have the servers back up and running by 2/14/09 1am PST. Again, we apologize for the extended downtime, however we want to be sure that everything is fixed before we bring the servers back up

PWI Update 2 wrote:
Greetings All,

For those who are unaware, we were forced to shut down the servers today due to an in-game bug that a select number of players were abusing.

Our two primary concerns here at PWE were the state of our in-game economies, as well as the time and money players had invested into our game prior to the server shutdown.

Our Customer Service Team has been working non-stop since the servers initially went down in an effort to correct the damage caused by this bug and help preserve the integrity of our game economies. Over 10 billion coins have been removed from players who abused this bug and over 70 accounts have been suspended.

Now regarding Guilds whose Territory Wars have been affected by the downtime, please submit a ticket and our GM staff will reimburse your guild.

Once again, I must personally state, that we here at Perfect World Entertainment sincerely apologize for the extended downtime today. However this downtime was necessary in order to fix these critical errors.

Yesterday's patch was an epic fail and we are willing to admit it, however we have learned a lot from this experience. We assure you that changes will be made to our processes and procedures in order to ensure that something like this never happens again to Perfect World International.

On a side note, I was never a superstitious man before today. Needless to say this Friday the 13th will forever remain etched in my mind, additionally I will be vigilantly watching the calendar in the future and filing for vacation days on future Friday the 13ths. ;)

Sincerely,
Xarfox

For those who were curious on what the bug was, it was a glitch that was capable of reproducing coins. Players had bought out entire Kitty Shops and the game's economy was seriously imbalanced. Although they fixed the servers, I (and several others agree) that a roll-back would have been more effective.

Last edited by Kohlyka on Sun May 03, 2009 1:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance   [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:14 pm

Yeah just when I finally have time to play, it goes on maintenance... :shock:

Sigh... well I hope I can catch you guys later on today haha!
Back to top Go down
Zikai
Website Manager
Zikai

Female
Number of posts : 690
Class : Veno/Demon Cleric
Level : 80/92
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance   [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeah I know. I had all weekend planned out and Euryu and myself were hoping to grind for faction upgrade monies, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance   [Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Completed] Emergency Server Maintenance
Page 1 of 1